Preparing Reading List
Sexuality and Gender Identity
Subject: "Paedophilia and identity"
1*) Gieles, F.E.J.,
Introduction to a panel discussion on pedophilia at Alcmaeon, the Utrecht (NL)
Faculty Association for the Social Sciences, 1997
2*) Gieles, Frans, Ethics and human
rights in intergenerational relationships ; ‘First, do no harm’ ; In: Ipce
Newsletter E 14, October 2002
3) Gieles, Frans E. J., Is pedophilia a
mental disorder? Discussion in Archives of Sexual Behavior. Report; in: Ipce
Newsletter E15, March 2003
4) Gieles, Frans E.J., What has got into
those people? Personal Essay, 2002
5) Knap, Robin, Feelings and faith.
6) Ree, Frank van, Intimate relationships
between young people and adults; Are there criteria for a positive experience?
KOINOS MAGAZINE #24 (1999/4) |
7*) Ree, Frank van, Abuse by Definition?
The Taboo as Excuse; In: KOINOS # 25, 2000/1
8) Rind, Bruce, PhD., Gay and Bisexual
Adolescent Boys' Sexual Experiences With Men:
9*) Read the 21 Styles of Living
on the JON web site:
* Please read article 1, 2, 7 and 9 for preparation. (art. 1, 2 and 7 can be printed – art. 9 is easier to read on Internet).
Article 3 is more difficult to read. It discusses the issue wether paedofhilia is a mental disease or not. It is very good for more background information.
Article 4 is for those who want to know more about the subject. It can be read on Internet.
Article 5 is very interesting for those who have something with Christianity.
Article 6 discusses the same issue as article two. Interesting to read.
Article 8 is a very good background article.